Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Primo Giorno

Good Evening... Afternoon... Morning... I'm all mixed up. After leaving Mtl at 5 PM, E and I arrived safely in Nice just before 7 AM their time this morning. Since I didn't sleep at all on the plane (thanks to a screaming 2 year old who kicked my seat for the entire overseas flight... she couldn't sleep either) we have officially past 24 hours without sleep and are definitely feeling it right now. We had a jam-packed day that started when E's sister, brother in law, niece and nephew picked us up at the Nice airport to drive us to their home in San Remo. We stopped for a much-needed espresso and cornetto on the way home and had I not had the shot of espresso... I may not have made it through the day. After getting ourselves settled, we spent time visiting with E's father and then his sister and her kids, while his brother in law prepared for the lunch he would be making us later in the afternoon. We sat, chatted and caught up and then all sat down for a delicious pasta lunch complete with local red wine. I forgot to take pictures, but promise that there will be tons of food pictures this week (I think I've already gained a couple pounds, but it's worth it :) ). 

This is the view I have from my room

After lunch, we decided to head over to E's other sister's to see her and visit with her two boys. Unfortuantely, when we got there the older of the two was at church practicing for his first communion (which is this Sunday), but we got to spend time with the little one which was nice. Can I just say that hearing little kids speaking Italian has got to be one of the cutest things ever. ANYWAY, once big brother got home, we all sat down to enjoy the most delicious pizza I have ever heard. Now, if you know me you know that I eat my fair share of pizza... so I know my stuff. Well, this pizza was out of this world! And according to E's sister... it isn't even close to the pizza I will get to try if I get to go to Florence.

My eyes are slowly closing, so I must go to bed to be ready for the big weekend we have ahead of us. So I say goodnight, or good afternoon to you and I hope you have a great weekend. I will try my best to post at some point tomorrow, but we have a big dinner so I may not get around to it. 

Amore,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Sounds like a great start & beautiful pics S xoxox
    luv u

    ReplyDelete