Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring Break Breakfast

Good Tuesday Morning everyone!! Normally I am a grab-n-go kind of breakfast girl but given that I am on Spring Break and am not in some exotic location where my meals are all prepared for me, I figured I'd try to distract myself from that and make a vacation worthy breakfast myself!
Here's what I came up with:


Ok so it's not THAT special but I think it looked pretty & it was pretty tasty!

** French toast w/ fresh raspberry coulis & maple butter **

- french baguette (cut in 1/2 lenghtwise & then in 1/3s widthwise)
- 3 eggs
- little bit of milk
- cinnamon
- pack of raspberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- few tsps of water
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (no T, Aunt Jemima won't work!!!)
- 2 tbps butter

In a medium saucepan over medium/high heat, heat most of the raspberries, sugar and water
Bring to a boil & reduce heat. Allow it to simmer while you prep the bread
Beat eggs, milk & cinnamon together
Soak each piece of baguette in the egg mixture
Cook in a large frying pan until golden brown
(If you are like me & don't like soggy French toast- throw the cooked pieces into the oven for a few minutes... it'll make them crispier!)
While the toast is crisping up, strain the raspberry coulis (no one likes seeds in their coulis!)
Then it's time to plate!!!
Pile a few pieces of toast in the center, circle it with some coulis, pour some maple butter over top & throw on a few fresh berries!
ENJOY!

K

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the crumpled post- my computer was misbehaving & didn't want to space it properly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice plates! Looks very tasty. Better than my Oatmeal with frozen fruit!

    ReplyDelete