Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Sweets

I am ashamed to say that there are only a few cookie remaining from all the batches that we made last week.  Here my mom and I thought that we had got our baking done and now, there is hardly anything around.

Since my mom is hosting a dinner party tomorrow night for 10 of her 'golf ladies' and we are expecting 17 or so for Christmas this year, we needed to get back in the kitchen!

I don't know how my mom reads her recipie cards but I guess after 25+ years of making the same favorites, she doesn't quite need directions...just a little guidance as a reminder of what goes into each.  Here are two that I love and just wipped up (they are currently waiting in line for the oven).

 

Aunt Tracy's Brownies

melt 2 squares unsweetened chocolate with 1/2 cup butter

mix in 3/4 cup white sugar, 2 eggs (beaten) and 1/2 cup flour

bake at 350 for 25 minutes



G-Ma Loise's Nanaimo Bars

Layer 1) melt 1/2 cup butter with 1/4 cup sugar

add 3 tbsp cocoa

add 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs, 1 cup coconut

press into 9*9 pan

Layer 2) In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups icing sugar with 1/4 cup butter, 2 tbsp kovah custard. moisten with a little drop of milk to make icing texture

spread in pan overtop first mixture

Layer 3) melt 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate and spread evenly on  top

Cool & Enjoy (even better frozen!!)



T

No comments:

Post a Comment