Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Because It's 5 O'Clock Somwhere

Good Morning everyone! Only 10 days until Christmas!!! Don't worry... I'm not drinking at 9:30 in the morning, but this post is about booze so I felt that to be an appropriate title. I’m feeling the Christmas spirit more than ever today, and not because I've been drinking, but because last night we decorated the tree at my parent’s house.  Despite the unavoidable arguments about which ornaments should go where and how the angel isn’t perfectly straight, we had a great time and there were lots of laughs. Besides, it wouldn’t be Christmas without a few fights :)


One of the two beautiful porcelain Angel's that have been passed down through my mom's side of our family. They sit on the mantle watching over us at Christmas time. Love her little toes :)

After getting home last night from the decorating festivities, E decided he needed to get on making his limoncello. It can take 10+ days to ferment, so he HAD to do it yesterday if he was going to get it done in time for Christmas. Though not everyone likes limoncello, it is a great aperitif to serve when you have guests over and makes a perfect gift… especially when it’s homemade.



 It’s also very easy to make and only requires: 8 lemons, water, sugar, and 750 ml of the strongest alcohol you can find. Because it takes at least ten days to be ready, it is definitely a labor of love and takes patience but let me tell you, it’s worth it! Put it in a decorative glass bottle with a cute label, and voila! It makes a great hostess gift.



The one E made last night won’t be ready until Christmas Ever (perfect timing) but, lucky for me, we had some in the freezer that was ready. Cheers!



With Love,

S

And even though I don't hate my job, a funny video to cheer you up on this Thursday morning. Enjoy!

http://perezhilton.com/2011-12-14-jbdubs-i-hate-my-job-music-video

No comments:

Post a Comment