Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fashion Love

It’s FINALLY Thursday afternoon, which means we are that much closer to the end of the work day and that much closer to FRIDAY!!! In honor of this Thursday afternoon, I have decided to do a second blog post. And not just any blog post… but a fashion post, which are my favorite kind of posts. This isn’t a fashion post of things I own, per se, but rather a fashion post of things I saw on the internet and wished I had. Enjoy!



Now, some of these things may seem a bit odd for me to post in a winter fashion post... BUT, if any of you visit any shopping websites you will know that most of them have a winter vacation section featuring everything from bikinis to sunglasses. So, even though I stay in the cold weather at Christmas, I love the heat and never miss a chance to look at some pool beach fashions. I love this bag as a beach bag, it's easy peasy and low maintenance but the pop of color screams sun. The dress is such a perfect cut, material and color combo and just looking at it I can smell the salt water in the air on a hot night in the Caribbean. As for the clutch and the bow rings, I just thought they were cute and would go perfectly with the dress for a night out.  Finally, I'm a sucker for navy and most people who know me know I am, so this bikini drew me in and I want it! All styles from Asos.com



For anyone who hasn't tried Deborah Lippmann nail polish, you're definitely missing out! With colors like ruby red slippers, bad romance and shake your groove thang they are just as fun as their names. You can wear them alone, but putting them as a top coat literally gives depth to your nails. I swear, the first time I put bad romance over a dark purple, I thought I was looking at the sky on a starry night. They are a bit pricier than normal nairpolishes, so you may want to add it to your Christmas list!



Now for the shoes! I love these Brian Atwood heels for one reason: They are the perfect holiday shoe without being over the top or in your face. Though we all know I love sparkles, it's way too much to wear a sparkly dress with sparkly shoes... even for me. But these, with the combination of gold and silver.. perfection. Then come the classic black pump. I have a similar style to these Miu Miu heels, but they are closed toe and I would love to get a peep toe version like these.



And these... I know they may seem too loud, but paired with a dark pair of jeans, white tee, black blazer and big bag.. Love. I thought I was over the whole 'pointy toe' thing, but this point is very subtle. It is classy, but a little wild making them perfect for the office. Shoes from Aldo.



Now for the more 'weather appropriate' styles. Both of these are from Top Shop for the bay. I don't know if I could actually pull off a faux fur wrap/scarf, but I love this one. It looks like soft faux fur, not the matted shiny fake looking stuff you sometimes see at cheaper stores and though the color is a little light for my jacket, I really like it. , Throw on a cute LBD, a pair of black tights, a blazer and grab that leopard clutch and voila! Perfect New Years Eve outfit without being predictable.

So that is all for my Fashion Post for today... I will be back with another one tomorrow or Saturday as I try and find some Christmas Eve/Christmas Day outfits.

Peace,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment