Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Four

Four more days...

I have been doing tons of baking lately for my mom, my grandma, for D’s party but I haven’t made anything for my poor husband.  I usually bake for him two-three times a week but for the past few weeks, he has gotten nothing except to watch me walk out the door with the baked goods.



So today, I let him choose something – pound cake.  I was a little hesitant because I wanted to make something festive, but I found a way…



I always use Betty Crocker's recipie:

 2 1/2 cups sugar

1 cup butter

1 tsp vanilla

5 eggs

3 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup milk



My sister and I were decorating my grandparent’s tree the other night and we always have so much fun doing it.  My grandmother has kept all of our old decorations (unlike my mom who caved a few years back and decided to get actual store bought ones).  My sister and I crack ourselves up laughing  at the decorations she has collected over the years from us - many of which you can hardly tell what they are supposed to be.  My grandma insists that they are beautiful..I guess that’s what grandma’s are supposed to do.  Here is my favorite, made by S.  It is an angel (obviously).



Happy Wednesday.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment