Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

7 Swans a Swimmin'

Ok, so I'll be the first to admit that I don't really know how the whole '12 days of Christmas' thing works. Is it a countdown to Christmas? Does 1 start at Christmas or does 12 start twelve days before Christmas.... but either way... I'm saying 7 swans a swimmin' and I'm sticking to it. Good afternoon and happy 7 days until Christmas everyone! I know we've been lazy, and our blog posts have been sporadic, but I found it quite necessary to do a 'week before Christmas kickoff' post. We leave for the States on Saturday and, even though my gifts aren't wrapped yet and I haven't even thought about packing... I am getting more and more excited about our upcoming trip. I find it hard to express how happy I am that we will soon be together as a family. Here are some of the fun times from Christmas' past





While I am extremely happy that my sisters and going to be spending the holidays with our family, I have to admit that I say it with some sadness. The sadness stems from the obvious tragedy that is on all of our minds. I have said many prayers for the lost lives, both of the childrens and their families, and I will continue to do so during the entire Holiday season. Though I don't want to get into a discussion about gun control, or the politics behing it, I found this article to be extremely interesting. You can click here to read it if you choose to. For now, all I can do is love those close me a little harder, hold them a little longer, and feel truly blessed that I can still tell them I love them.
E and I were also very lucky this past weekend because we got to host a dinner party with family, friends, and even babies. We are, drank and were merry, and I think everyone had a great time.

I am happy right now. Happy spending time with family and friends that I love. Happy preparing for the holidays. Happy being Happy.
With Love,
S