Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Guardian Angel

Good Wednesday Afternoon Everyone! I hope that everyone is doing well, despite the yucky weather we have been having recently. I am very sorry that we have been slackin' on our bloggin' recently, but we have had some stuff going on that has kept our minds elsewhere. I am so lucky to have my sisters and my family, because I don't know how people ever get through difficult times without strong support behind them. I always feel so blessed, as I mentioned here, to have been born into the family that I was born into. I wouldn't change that for the world. 


Before I get to mushy and emotional, I wanted to make this post a lighter one. I decided to share some bags from the designer Vlieger and Vandam that I have been absolutely IN LOVE with recently. I find myself going back to their site, over and over, drooling over their original designs and creative bags. Take a look and, as always, click on the name of the bag for more information. 


This is the Vlieger and Vandam Guardian Angel Tote in Black. Now I know it isn't for everyone... but I think it is so original and fresh and I absolutely love the 'shock value' that their bags create. *Note of caution: please do not try to travel by air with this bag... could create some problems. 
This is the Vlieger and Vandam Guardian Angel Clutch in Black. Would go perfectly with a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket. Just maybe don't wear it out on a first date...
This is the rounded version of the Guardian Angel Tote in Black. I prefer this one to the first one because the leather has a softer look that isn't as harsh and it's square sister.  
Last but not least is the Vlieger and Vandam Handcuff Embossed Clutch in Grey with Gold Strap. This one is my absolute favorite. I love the look of this bag and think that the designers must have a good sense of humor for having designed it. I think it is so clever and tough. Not as 'look at me' as the gun imprinted bags, but still has enough shock value to attract some attention and stares. And just when you thought it couldn't be any cooler... look who was rocking it last week on a night out in LA. 
None other than the stunningly beautiful Rihanna. I love how she paired this bag with an understated outfit and a pop of color in the shoes. I am honestly obsessed with this bag... Picture from Cocoperez.com


As I mentioned before, these bags are definitely not for the faint of heart, and you have to be ready to get the attention they will draw... but it's worth it. I find them so young and fresh and from the reviews I read the leather is soft and supple. What more could you want from a bag? If you look into the making of the bags, they really are a piece of art. They imprint the bags with a one-of-a-kind technique that creates a 3 dimensional image. The quality and care they put into creating this bags is also incredible. Definitely a choice statement piece for this summer. 


With Love,
S

1 comment: