Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Think I'm in Love...

Good Morning Everyone! I hope that everyone had an amazing Valentine's Day filled with love, flowers, and chocolate. I know a lot of people don't agree with Valentine's Day and think it is a marketing scheme to get us to shop more... but I love it either way. Any excuse to spend a nice and quiet night at home with E is a good excuse as far as I'm concerned. I won't go into all the details, but he made the night very special. He sure knows how to make a girl feel special :)


I know that the title of this post leads you to believe I am going to be writing all about Valentine's Day and Love... seeing as I'm a sucker for love, but I won't be. It's all about something else I'm a sucker for: Fashion. Whenever I'm stressed at work, and need a few minutes to rest my mind, I always turn to browsing my favourite shopping sites to look at all the beautiful things I won't be buying. Like with any high, I know the high of shopping (especially on-line) is momentary and won't even last beyond me getting my printed out receipt at the copiers. I've learned, over the years, that if I just walk away (or click that little X in the corner in this case) I will be able to talk myself down from the shopping ledge and realize that I don't 'absolutely need that top or I will die'. I'll be ok... I promise myself. And (usually) I am. Anyway, while browsing this morning, here are a few things I came across that are oh so beautiful.. but also oh so expensive. Please note that you can click on the name of the item that is actually a link and you will be brought to the website where the item is sold. 

Let's start off with a bang. Hello there ridiculously adorable Jill Stuart Elif Shift Dress.. How are you? Ridiculously adorable you say? I agree. 


Though a little on the short side for winter in Montreal, I think this Top Shop Mix  Print Slip Dress is just darling.  I can totally see myself wearing it while down in the Bahamas in a couple of weeks. It looks light and flowy, and would look amazing with a tan (right now you wouldn't be able to decipher where the dress stops and my skin starts.. bible).
My love for this Foley + Corinna Mid City Tote dates back a few years. I love how this bag is big enough to fit all my stuff, but can be folded over to make a completely different look. It comes in so many colours but, being a lover of classic black, I would go for this one. 
I'm not sure if this look says 'I'm casual and classy' or 'I'm going on a safari' but the item I am looking at here is this Boy Shirt in Thomas Mason Fabric from J Crew. I love how relaxed and easy it looks. 
Another love of mine, this Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hobo is one of my favourite bags. I have also wanted this one for years, but don't think I could justify spending the money. I just love everything about it... and the leather... butter baby. 

Hello colour! I've read enough magazines, and browsed enough websites to know that colour is definitely going to be in for this spring/summer season. And I'm not talking colour, I'm talking COLOUR with a capitol everything. Many of the fashions in the upcoming seasons will throw you right back to the 80s. I think this Ella Dress in Medallion Paisley is one them, and I love it. 
This Alexander Wang Diego Bucket Bag is such a cool bag I just love it. It is such an original bag and the details are amazing. I'm warning you though, my friend E has it and it weighs a ton! You know what they say though; pain is beauty :) 
And just for good measure, these really gorgeous Guiseppe Zanottie Platform Suede Pumps. I know what you practical people out there are thinking.. "Could you really walk in those without breaking your neck?". Well the answer is... No... but it's a chance I'm willing to take.  

I think I want to wear a red dress for my birthday this year... I think that would make me feel special. Something like this Taryn Dress in Vivid Poppy from J Crew.

I retract my previous statement... My love for everything sparkly and sequined has reared its ugly head and now I want.. no need... to wear something like this Parker Pinstriped Strapless Sequin dress for my birthday. Remember what I've said before: New Years and Birthdays are your two days to sparkle and shine, so don't let it pass you by. 
This is awkward.. I am now stuck in an intense love triangle between the Parker dress and this Rachel Zoe Brenda Sequin Shift Dress. They are both so pretty... I don't know which one to choose.

Another Foley + Corinna bag, this Jet Set Bag may be plain, but I love it.  I think you would get your moneys worth out of wearing it because it would go with everything. 
Then there is this Chambray Bayou Tunic from J Crew that is just so easy peasy I feel like I could wear it all the time. It looks so comfy and relaxed, perfect for wearing on the plane when going from a cold climate to a hot one. I want it.
Last but not least you have this Diane Von Furstenberg Mandys Small Bag . I love the colour blocking on this bag and think it is so fresh and fun. It may not be the most practical bag, but it is just so cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment