Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Free

Goooood Monday Morning everyone! Normally, I’m not so happy on Monday mornings. Especially on snowy, cold, gray Monday mornings. But this Monday morning doesn’t seem so bad and you want to know why? Well, it’s because E and I booked a last minute trip to Vegas and we leave on Thursday and I am so so so excited! I love spontaneity and the whole ‘you only live once’ thing so, needless to say, I was ecstatic on Saturday morning when E and I booked our trip. I have been to Vegas before, but he hasn’t and I can’t wait for him to see it all! Vegas is so absurdly over the top and crazy that I don’t even think you can prepare someone for it. I think they just have to live it. We have booked one show for the first night we are there, but are going to wing it for the rest of the time. I don’t want to over-schedule us in case we see something cool that we want to do. I don’t want to be running around while there, so we’ll just see where the days take us. Any ideas?


I was going to blog this weekend, but I ended up being busier than I thought I was going to be. It was E’s nephew Leo’s 3rd birthday so we had to go to Toys R Us to get a gift. I thought we would be in and out, but apparently, bringing an almost 30 year old into a Toy Store is just as bad as bringing a toddler. E was mesmerized by the rows of action figures, Lego, and don’t get me started on the video games… I thought I was going to be stuck in there forever.  We got out of there, eventually, with a few really cool toys for Leo (and maybe one for the big baby too) and we got home just in time to wrap them and choke down a sandwich before being out the door to the birthday party. I’m sure his mother feels it more than I do, but I CANNOT believe that this little guy:
 


Is now this big guy:
 


We had a great time though and Leo was a little champ at his party. No birthday party meltdowns that we sometimes experienced at our house (K :)) and he behaved the entire time. My favorite part was when you ask Leo how old he is and he holds out his hand, carefully puts up his little fingers and proudly declares ‘I’m Freeee!!!’. Gets me everytime;  so cute I could melt. And even though he was cool and calm and tried to let his big brother have all the attention… this little guy may have stolen the show a few times.


*He may look a little (ok a lot) terrified by me holding him... much happier with Zio E.




Have a super duper Monday everyone! If anyone has any recommendations for Vegas like restaurants/clubs/activities please send them my way! It would be greatly appreciated.


With Love,

S

1 comment: