Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

under the weather

Good morning everyone! I hope all is well and that everyone is ready for Christmas… especially since it is now only 5 days away! I honestly can’t believe it. I cannot believe that, in 6 days Christmas will have come and gone. Maybe it’s the lack of snow, or maybe it’s because I’ve been so busy, but for some reason this year it seems a little surreal. I better accept it though, because I’ve got tons of wrapping that needs to get done by Saturday! The reason I haven’t finished it is that I’m sick L I have a bad cold and it has really been slowing me down. I need to get some rest though because I absolutely need to shake this by Friday. I think I got sick because I overdid it this weekend. Despite me saying I wouldn’t, I tried to squeeze too much into those 2 days and now I’m paying for it. I’m sure T will post more thoroughly about our weekend, because she has all the pictures, but I’ll give you a brief rundown:

Friday night my mom had 12 women over for a full sit down dinner. Since we don’t like my mom to be stuck in the kitchen, K does all the cooking, T & I serve and make sure that everyone has drinks and anything they may need, and my dad does the cleaning and supervising. We have done this for the past few years and have almost mastered it completely. Despite a little kitchen almost-fire incident, the night went very smoothly and I am sure that all of my mom’s friends had a great time. Saturday T & I did some Christmas shopping before having some visits. We then had a friends Christmas party, which was amazing and absolutely perfect. I only got home close to 2 AM however and T and I had to present an offer early the next morning. We got through it though and I had enough time to do some wrapping, shower, and make it to the ‘Carols by Candlelight’ service at our church. It was beautiful and really put me in the Christmas mood (though I still couldn’t believe we were in church for a Christmas service). From there, E and I zipped to his brother’s house to do a Christmas dinner with him and his family. They will be away for Christmas, so we gave the babies their gifts and enjoyed a delicious dinner together. All in all, it was a great weekend. Unfortunately, I woke up yesterday feeling like death. My throat is so scratchy and I have a terrible dry cough. I am going to do my best to get rid of it by Friday, so for now I’ve put away my party dresses and there is a whole lot of this going on.

 



With love,

S

2 comments: