Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hooray for the Holidays

My husband and I have never spent a Christmas together.  When we first met, we agreed that until we had kids, we would each go home for the holidays.  I know it sounds strange to some people – the holidays are about being with the one you love right?



True.  But I look at is as I am so fortunate to be with my husband all year round that being apart this one time of the year is not such a biggie.  Especially when I know how much it means to both our families to have us there.

Well this year – things changed.  I was so thrilled when my in-laws and sister-in-law decided to come to Montreal for Christmas – thankful not only to spend my first Christmas with my new husband but excited for both of our families to be together.  I hope your holiday were as good as mine – filled with family, friends, lots of laughs, delicious food and altogether, great memories.



 
(picture taken Christmas morning - the snow was beautiful)
 
Everyone has gone home now.  I would be sad except that in less than a week, we will see them all again when we head to Florida for a little vacation.  For now - I can just relax.



After making Chocolate Candy Cookies from Bakerella.com the other day, I decided to try something a little healthier today – granola bars (from http://allrecipes.com)

  • 4 1/2 cups rolled oats

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 2/3 cup butter, softened

  • 1/2 cup honey

  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar

  • 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips



Hoping you all get some time to relax this week.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment