Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Contagious

I’ve had my coffee and some time to think about it, and I’ve come to the decision that (for now anyway) I am going to be happy about our newly fallen snow.




Ok, so this morning may have been a bit early for me to jump on the ‘I hate winter’ train. BUT, in my defense, I leave the house at 6:30 in the morning and wasn’t expecting the ground to be covered in a blanket of snow. It was cold, and windy, and I just wasn’t in the mood for it. HOWEVER, after having met D for coffee this morning I have changed my attitude. I realized that I was on the wrong train, and have gotten off that one, and on the right one. The reason: D LOVES WINTER. Not only does she love winter, but she is one of those cheery, happy people whose eyes light up when they look outside and see the snow coming down and her cheer is downright contagious. Where I see cold, wet, pain-in-the-butt snow, D sees romantic, beautiful and full of possibilities snow and I love her for it. Instead of waking up in a bad mood, she woke up happy and jumped out of bed to grab a coffee with me at the cozy ‘Christmas on Crack’ Starbucks near my office. She was so happy and giddy that I couldn’t help but get on the train with her. Sometimes, all it takes is someone to point out all the positives to get rid of your negatives. As I have written in past posts, I promise to not b**ch and wine this winter and though I MAY have a teeny tiny bit this morning, I have since snapped out of it. I promise to try my hardest to make the best of it. All of this positivity may be a little premature, as it is the first of dozens of snowfalls, but I may as well get an early start. I will replace my negative attitude with positive thoughts and think of D whenever I am feeling down about the snow. I will laugh at how many times she said snow bunny this morning, and remember how the snow coming down reminded me of Christmas. We agreed this morning, however, that Christmas should be in the end of February so that we could have something to look forward to all winter. On the other hand, those poor Starbucks employees are only on day ten of the all day Christmas music and are probably about to lose it… so I guess it’s better that it’s in December. Also, I already have dozens of Christmas parties lined up for the next few weeks and there is only so much Champagne a girl can drink!

 When I arrived at work, I had a few emails from people in my office saying they weren’t going to be coming in. As is common at this time of year, a cold is going around and has spread to a few of them. I hope not to get it because, when I get a cold, I get it bad! So the few of us who are in have been liberally applying hand sanitizer and giving bad looks to anyone who dares to sneeze or cough. I guess nobody wants to be sick so close to the holidays! I was trying to decide what to make for dinner this evening, and I think it may have to be a good chicken noodle soup… just in case.

 I better get back to work, but before I go I want to wish everyone a happy first snow fall (in the words of Miss D) and tell you all to drive safely. The roads are slippery and a lot of people still don’t have their winter tires on. It’s a good thing I never got the time to take mine off from last winter :)

With Love,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment