Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Breaking the Rules… Because Rules Are Meant to be Broken

A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post about our yearly girls trip and how we each have ‘rules’ and ‘non-negotiables’ regarding booking. Well, we are booked and I’m very happy to report that we have broken some of the key rules. We will be returning to the Bahamas (though not to the same island) and will not be flying direct, but will be making a stop in Toronto. But hey, what can I say? We’re wild girls who just won’t live by the rules; even the rules that we, ourselves, have made. We will be staying at the other Sandals in the Bahamas and I couldn’t be more excited about it. It is, however, with great sadness that I say that I don’t think K will be able to make it this year. She works at a school and won’t have the same break that corresponds to the week we are going. It won’t be the same without her, so hopefully she can work something out. Because we wouldn't want her to miss this:

 Or this:



It seems I’ve been breaking lots of rules these days… because yesterday I broke one of my own ‘Christmas Rules’. Rule #5: don’t start Christmas Shopping until December 1st as to avoid forgetting bought gifts and, as a result, overbuying. ….. I bought my first Christmas present yesterday, November 23rd. I broke a key Christmas rule. BUT, in my defense, I have started a new, highly organized system for remembering gifts. This year I have set up a wrapping station complete with a list of all the gifts I have bought and for whom. Hopefully this will last and I won’t give up on said list by December 5th. Here’s to hoping. I am a little hyper when it comes to Christmas (in case you haven’t noticed) and sometimes get wrapped up (no pun intended… ok pun intended) in all the shopping. With the fake Canadian Dark Grey Thursday (sales aren’t good enough to warrant the coveted ‘black’ title) I have started some shopping. I’ll try and stay under control this year though… I promise!



 

Before I go, I want to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends and wish everyone Happy Shopping!

With love,

S

4 comments:

  1. I've started too S. I hate the malls close to xmas so I went during the week and got some things.

    I am so looking forward to Christmas in Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! At least I'm not the only one :)

    I got some AMAZING deals on some online black friday deals yesterday as well... and I'm sure they will only get better today!

    We are looking forward to having you guys, I LOVE a big Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Friday in the US today... serious anxiety! I might get trampled!
    Love the wrapping station!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahamas round two! so excited. and excited to experience a Holland Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete