Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Moody Mondays



Beware, moody girl in the house!  I always seem to wake up on the wrong side of the bed on Monday mornings.  For most people it is obvious why Monday does not excite them.  But I do not work a normal Monday-Friday job so it is definitely not because I have to head to the office for the start of a full week of work - in fact I woke up at 10 this morning and am still sitting on my couch in my pjs anxiously waiting the fresh pot of coffee I have brewing in the kitchen to be ready. 

 

Because I work in real estate, my hours are usually the opposite of most people's - evening and weekends.  Nonetheless, I enjoy passing the bars on the way to my showings and seeing the workers pilling in for happy hour.  I love the feeling in the air in Old Montreal on weekends with all the locals and tourists wandering around.  It always puts a smile on my face when I am doing an open house and a family comes in together - usually coming from some weekend activity: swimming lessons, soccer, or ballet - shopping for the perfect house for their family...how exciting.  It does not take much to make me happy. Put me with a group of people having fun and it is contagious - the positive energy will be flowing inside of me.  Well who does not love a good time?  But for me, it does not have to be my good time - I will happily enjoy others.

So my Monday blues...maybe it is because of the sympathy I feel for the people around me - my husband leaving before the sun is up, the construction workers I can hear outside, the cable guy I catch a glimpse of fiddling with the box in the alley, the dead silence in my building as everyone has gone to work.  Is there anyone having fun on a Monday morning...I need to track them down.

Have a great week,

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment