Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Come Quickly, I'm Tasting Stars

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week so far and that, for you Montrealers, your lives haven't been disrupted by the protesters. There are many posts I still need to do about my trip to San Remo, Italy... including one on Cinque Terre and one on the food there, but since I have more recently been on our girls surprise weekend to Bermuda, I have decided to do a post on that first. I know my sisters have shared their pictures and stories, but I would still like to do my own. 


A week ago today, the five of us (T,B,K,D and I) piled into the car to take off on our surprise weekend. We met up with our other sister K in Toronto and then, the fun really began. K, K and I had NO idea where we were going. We arrived at the airport, checked our bags, went through security, grabbed something to eat... and we STILL had NO idea where we were going. It wasn't until we we literally about to board the plane that we found out we were headed to beautiful BERMUDA. 






Our first afternoon there, we walked around and got to know the city before heading out to an amazing restaurant called The Pickled Onion it was an amazing restaurant that later turned into a bit of a club with a dance floor and live music. We danced there a bit before heading off to Cafe Cairo for a full night of dancing. The next day, after a little verbal abuse from a boat captain, we spent the afternoon at the Fairmont Princess' stunning beach. We just lounged and laughed and enjoyed each other's company. 


Stunning beach at the Fairmont Princess. SB says she 'loves a dramatic beach like this'. 
The next day, it wasn't quite as nice out as the first, so we decided to visit the Bermuda Zoo and Aquarium where we got to see plenty of animals, some interesting fish, and even a squirrel! Afterwards, it was back to the rooms to shower and get ready for another night of dinner and dancing. 




























On the way in, Toronto K and I noticed a quote written on the wall above the door.




I had never heard this quote before, and it literally stopped us in our tracks. I think the reason why we loved it so much was not because of the superficial meaning of this quote, but the depth and feelings that lay behind it. It's not about tasting champagne... it's way more than that. Live life to the fullest, seize the day, surround yourself with people you love and who love you, live the good life; taste the starsIt truly encompassed the entire feeling of the trip because we were doing exactly that... we were tasting the stars. We ate and drank more than we should have, we laughed until our stomachs hurt and we danced until our feet couldn't take it any more


I tried so many times to live in the moment... be no where else but exactly where I was. On more than one occasion, I looked around, at my sisters, our friends, our family, and all I wanted was to remember that moment forever. I wanted to store this memory; tuck it away in a tiny corner room in my brain and bring it up any time I needed a boost. I wanted to remember the smells, the sounds, the song that was playing and the feeling I had in my heart because it filled me with such happiness, I could hardly take it. If I could have bottled that feeling I'd be a millionaire.  


Sunset view from our balcony




I know we can't just take off to Bermuda at the drop of a hat, I know we won't always get along perfectly, and I know life with throw us a few curve balls. But, without the downs, there would be no ups, and it's memories like these that will get us through tough times. Life isn't about vacations, or perfection... it's about squeezing every drop out of every day. Taste those stars baby!

With Love.
S

1 comment: