Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

In the Kitchen

I know my husband missed me while I was away but I think he missed my baking more. I arrived home to a kitchen full of ingredients - waiting to be whipped up into something sweet. So that's just what I did yesterday. I made these classic peanut butter cookies.


Then from my new cookbook Cookies, I made a simple but delicious chocolate chip cookie.


1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp milk
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Bake 350F for 15 minutes and enjoy!

And finally, to switch it up and as a super bowl special, I decided to make meatballs (for the first time). I was inspired by this recipe but altered it a little for my own version.


2 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 eggs, slightly beaten
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bake 425F for 15 minutes.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!

Tracy

1 comment: