Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

GOING BANANAS

Costco is great for many things - frozen pizzas, my favorite chips, books, fun toys, beer and best of all free samples.  Buying in bulk is a lot less expensive (I often find myself saying "x amount for one? I can get 10 of those at Costco for the same price" - btw flour is the best example of this) and easier as I don't have to run out nearly as often to get whatever it is I've run out of.  

Earlier this week, my husband came home from his weekly trip to Costco with the usual but this time he added bananas to the list.  I didn't want to criticize him because his intentions were good - he knows I love bananas and that I buy them each week at the grocery store.  But all I could think was who is going to eat all of these bananas....there were at least a dozen?  I knew that it was only a matter of time before one went bad and the rest of the bunch would decide to follow!  That was Monday, it is now Thursday and although I have eaten my share of bananas this week, I woke up this morning to the inevitable.  SOOOOO...guess what I spent my afternoon making.  Yes - banana bread.  I have banana bread for me (with chocolate chips), one for my husband (without), one for my dad and one for my grandpa. 



I don't love making it because mine don't usually turn out that great but today I used this recipe (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-banana-bread-ii/detail.aspx) and it was delish!  My husband loves banana bread which now leads me to wonder if he didn't have an ulterior motive with this excessive banana purchase.  Either way, I am happy (because the bananas are gone), he is happy (because he has his fresh bread) and we have agreed to leave bananas on the grocery list, not the Costco one.

Good evening everyone.

Love T

No comments:

Post a Comment